We all have our favorite holiday foods… But they aren’t always the best for us, right?
What if we can get you that traditional flavor with a healthier spin? Christine and Roseanne from Simple Steps are here to help!
Try this recipe for “miracle mashies”… By adding in cauliflower, you get true mashed potato taste and texture, with fewer calories!
Let us know if you try these and what you think!
- One 12-oz russet potato
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp fat-free half and half
- 1 tbsp light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1/4 tsp salr, or to taste
- Optional: black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Peel and cube potato
- Add cauliflower and cubed potato to boiling water. Once pot returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium
- Cook until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer cauliflower and potato to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl.
- Mash & Mix.