5 Reasons Why You Are Hungry
There are many reasons why you might be hungry, and that all depends on the person. It could be that you are stressed out, not sleeping as well, or not eating the right foods or snacks. It’s true that your lifestyle can be leading you to overeat, but making small changes and being aware can help get rid of that. Below are 5 reasons why you may always be hungry.
1) You watch too much T.V. – According to the USDA if you watch more than two hours a day, you tend to consume larger amounts of high calorie snack foods, pizza, and sugary soft drinks.
2) You buy treats – don’t be fooled by the “fun size”. When high-calorie snacks come in small packages, people tend to eat more of them, according to the Journal of Consumer Research study.
3) Drinking too much – Alcohol can increase levels of gherlin, a hormone that makes you feel hungry according to scientists. Don’t be surprised if that extra glass of wine or beer may make you eat more at dinner.
4) You don’t get enough sleep- A study from the University of Chicago stated that people ate 221 more calories from snack foods the day after they got only 5.5 hours of sleep, compared to when they slept 8.5 hours. Lacking sleep will lower your “full” hormone leptin and increase ghrelin, that hungry hormone.
5) You are burned out at work- Heavy workloads and and/or an overbearing boss can impact your eating habits according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Among the 230 woman in the study, those who felt burnt out were more likely to eat emotionally or uncontrollably.
Don’t let all your hard work in the gym go to waste. Fuel your body with the right nutrients and be mindful of what triggers you to over eat. It’s as simple as that!