FALL Back into Your Fitness Goals
The end of summer can seem like a sad time of year, but there’s something about the cool, crisp air that can breathe some new life into your usual routine, especially when it comes to exercise. The heat and humidity are down which makes
those outdoor workouts more comfortable. Take advantage of the outdoors! Plan activities that involve being active. Go for a walk before or after work, go for a jog, or even sign up for a 5k race. One of my favorite fall activities is going for a hike. Hiking not only strengthens many of your muscles, but it also increases your cardiovascular endurance.
With the kids going back to school and the holiday season on its way, it is important to get ahead of the game and start exercising now. Outdoor workouts are great in the fall, however, so is going to the gym. Going to the gym can help you stay on track with your workouts. Getting involved in a variety of activities is key and you should make the most out of your time by doing more than just the machines in the gym. Take advantage of all that Dedham Health has to offer:
- Swimming: Swimming is such a great no-impact activity and is perfect for a complete, whole-body workout.
- Fitness Classes: There’s an energy you gather from other people when you workout in a class setting that you often don’t get working out by yourself.
- Work with an Exercise Physiologist: Fall is the perfect time to jump back into your goals and get your workouts on the right track from day one.
- Workout with a Buddy: If you feel intimidated or don’t like working out by yourself, bribe a friend into working out with you. Knowing you have to show up will keep you motivated.
– Brynne B., Exercise Physiologist at Dedham Health & Athletic Complex