Plantar fasciitis is a fancy term to describe tightness in the sole of the foot. And yes, this tightness can be VERY painful. The other irritating thing is that ANYONE can have plantar fasciitis, but there are risk factors that predispose someone.
- Increasing activity level quickly
- Repetitive stress (such as running)
- Poor footwear, including poor arch supports
- Tightness in the calves
- Pain on the heel, sometimes extending to the sole of the foot
- Pain first thing in the morning
Physical therapy can help you improve these symptoms, and activity modification is just as important to decrease stress in the plantar fascia. Let us help you walk into a pain free life! Visit our website, here for more information!
-Meghan J., Physical Therapist at Dedham Health